Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New York and Lima

After 24 hours of travel (phew...) Breanna and I made it to Lima. With an 8 hour layover in NYC, we had time to take the train into the city wander around time square, eat some thai food, and see Central Park. Both of us slept like rocks on the overnight plane to Lima and met our third travel companion in the Lima airport at 6:30 am.

It was whirlwind of planes, trains, and taxis, but we made it to our hostel and had a chill day in Miraflores (a sweet, posh part of Lima on the coast). It´s a great feeling to walk down the streets of South America...music, food, Spanish, the ocean. Love it.

Ready for bed. Thanks for following, friends :) Hasta pronto.
Michelle

6 comments:

  1. Glad you made it safe and sound. Enjoy the beginning of the journey (and oyster).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I'm so glad you're, and loving already as I knew you would =). I'm impressed you found time and energy for those NY escapades, and relieved you didn't have to resort to any of the back-up plans regarding what to do if the airport meet-up didn't work. I'm excited for you and your next two months... live it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...so glad you're THERE, I meant to say...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to leave the States! Nice work, ladies. Say hi to the ocean for me... and eat something unknown from a street vendor for me, top.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Lima! My only Lima remembrance/advice is to avoid overly cheap hotels. : ) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally learned how to post a comment on this thing. :) I'm so tech-saavy. I'm so glad that you got there okay! I was thinking about you Monday and Tuesday. Has anyone complimented you on your Spanish yet and wondered where you studied? I'm excited to hear more about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete