Thursday, August 12, 2010

Beach, heat, salt water... I´ve arrived. :)

Something about being next to large bodies of salt water is healthy... I´m not sure why that´s so incredibly true. It does nothing for my consistency in blogging, so I´ll be brief. We took a bus from Medellín to Cartagena, spent a few days in Cartagena, and we´re now in Taganga. Medellín was comfortable and relaxed; Cartagena is totally and completely culturally different. It is loud and vibrant. Everything about it is pushy, but it´s gorgeous. The soft lights illuminate the city and make it magical. We took a boat to a beach with amazing water and sand, and couldn´t nearly stay as long as we wanted before jumping back on the boat. Starving for good beach time, we´ve made it to Taganga where we have a perfectly lovely room with a balcony and hammock overlooking the beach. Time slowed down and it´s as if days of the week no longer exist....love it! I finished my scuba diving certification yesterday after 2 days and 4 dives. I´m already looking forward to the next time I get to go under...

Today will promise some time laying and reading on the beach and tomorrow we leave to La Guajira, which is the northern and easternmost peninsula of Colombia that extends toward Venezuela. It´s rumored to be virtually untouched desert and coastline that rivals most landscapes in South America. Since it´s more difficult to get to, we´ll go with a tour agency and 5 other travelers--one, Candice, who did the scuba course with me.

I promise more detail in my next post! :)

Hasta la próxima.

2 comments:

  1. So? What the verdict on La Guajira?? Is that mola zone, too? Lots of mola?

    Miss you... the place sure is quiet these days... and messy... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scuba diving! Awe, you will have to tell me how this goes for you. :>)
    BTW: Nice pict on Facebook...

    ReplyDelete